A+ Certification with Exam 220-901
CompTIA A+ Certification with Exam 220-901
Course Length: 5 days
Registration: Call 406-256-5700 or email email@example.com
Available as CompTIA On-Demand
The course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer (PC) hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job. In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, troubleshoot, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs and mobile device hardware.
The CompTIA A+ (Exam 220-901) course can benefit you in two ways. Whether you work or plan to work in a mobile or corporate environment where you have a high level of face-to-face customer interaction, where client communication and client training are important, or in an environment with limited customer interaction and an emphasis on hardware activities, this course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It can also assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA A+ certification examination, 2016 objectives (exam number 220-901), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
- Includes Certification Exam Voucher
- Replay™ Class Recordings included with this course
After completing this course, you will learn how to:
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts.
The prerequisites for this course differ significantly from the prerequisites for the CompTIA certification exams. For the most up-to-date information about the exam prerequisites, complete the form on this page: CompTIA Exam Objectives
Lesson 1: Hardware Fundamentals
- Topic A: Personal Computer Components
- Topic B: Storage Devices
- Topic C: Mobile Digital Devices
- Topic D: Connection Interfaces
Lesson 2: Networking Fundamentals
- Topic A: Network Types
- Topic B: Network Components
Lesson 3: Supporting Display Devices
- Topic A: Install Display Devices
- Topic B: Configure Display Devices
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Video and Display Devices
Lesson 4: Installing and Configuring Peripheral Components
- Topic A: Install and Configure Input Devices
- Topic B: Install and Configure Output Devices
- Topic C: Install and Configure Input/Output Devices
- Topic D: Install and Configure Expansion Cards
Lesson 5: Managing System Components
- Topic A: Identify Motherboard Components and Features
- Topic B: Install and Configure CPUs and Cooling Systems
- Topic C: Install Power Supplies
- Topic D: Troubleshoot System Components
Lesson 6: Managing Data Storage
- Topic A: Identify RAM Types and Features
- Topic B: Troubleshoot RAM Issues
- Topic C: Install and Configure Storage Devices
- Topic D: Configure the System Firmware
- Topic E: Troubleshoot Hard Drives and RAID Arrays
Lesson 7: Customized Client Environments
- Topic A: Types of Common Business Clients
- Topic B: Custom Client Environments
Lesson 8: Networking Technologies
- Topic A: TCP/IP Properties and Characteristics
- Topic B: TCP/IP
- Topic C: Internet Connections
- Topic D: Ports and Protocols
- Topic E: Networking Tools
Lesson 9: Installing and Configuring Networking Capabilities
- Topic A: Configure Network Perimeters
- Topic B: Install and Configure SOHO Networks
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Wired and Wireless Networks
Lesson 10: Supporting Mobile Digital Devices
- Topic A: Install and Configure Exterior Laptop Components
- Topic B: Install and Configure Interior Laptop Components
- Topic C: Other Mobile Devices
- Topic D: Mobile Device Accessories and Ports
- Topic E: Troubleshoot Mobile Device Hardware
Lesson 11: Supporting Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Topic A: Printer and Multifunction Technologies
- Topic B: Install and Configure Printers
- Topic C: Maintain Printers
- Topic D: Troubleshoot Printers
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA A+ Certification Exam 220-901
Appendix B: A+ Command Reference